Many factors can make handling driveshafts difficult and time consuming, including weight, grease and other slippery substances, nearby obstructions, and the nature of universal joints themselves. That’s why GFG developed the innovative Interactive Driveshaft Support which reduces downtime by eliminating much of the driveshaft handling by the operator during maintenance and changeover.
The user-friendly Interactive Support is extremely simple to work, and it needs no locks, brakes, or ratchets. The device holds the shaft right where it gets uncoupled, so the operator only needs to do a minimal amount of work to complete maintenance or changeover.
The Interactive Driveshaft Support also comes with an optional air motor actuated assembly that further reduces downtime and enhances ease of operation. The efficient reversible air motor is operated by a variable lever-controlled valve. It’s also retrofittable to most any machine and can be easily designed to suit the size and style of unique drive areas including coating rooms. Both models incorporate a mechanical safety switch that detects whether or not the hook has returned to its home or full up position.
• Reduces downtime during maintenance and changeovers
• Operator-friendly. Easy to use
• Interactive support holds shaft right where it gets uncoupled, so minimal work is required
• Requires minimal maintenance
• Safe. Incorporates a mechanical safety switch
• Reduces downtime & enhances ease of operation
• Efficient reversible air motor operated by a variable lever-controlled valve
• Complete assembly offered
• Pneumatic assembly
• Retrofittable to most any machine
• Can be easily designed to suit the size and style of unique drive areas including coating room